This post contains affiliate links in which I earn commission from sales generated from these links. Rest assured that it comes at no further cost to you. Thank you!
The “WHERE TO BUY” section can be found at the end of this post, or visit the SHOP page.
WONDERING WHAT TO PUT IN AN EASTER BASKET THIS YEAR?
Well, let’s avoid the toxic stuff, the traditional store bought candy.
So…what does that leave? I’ll tell you.
But first let me say these encouraging words to help you decide.
Don’t be afraid to…
Keep it simple!
HERE IS WHAT MY CHILDREN’S EASTER BASKETS INCLUDE
My girls each have their own Easter basket. They are both Longaberger baskets, one I made when I was a teenager at the Longaberger factory, the other one was my Easter basket when I was a little girl. They aren’t colorful, which I love. I simply tie a ribbon around the handle to add a little color, which I can easily change each year if I so choose.
I don’t buy the traditional Easter candy
So, what do I fill their basket’s with?
- Organic, milk free, additive free, and soy free chocolate.
- Healthy snacks like dried organic fruit. Our favorite brand is Made in Nature.
- Their favorite paleo friendly plantain chips from Artisan Tropic.
- Nonfood items- like this year I think I will be getting them each a pair of sandals as our vacation is scheduled very soon after Easter. I am still on the hunt for a barefoot minimalist kids sandal. I’ll keep you posted.
I keep their basket’s simple and minimal. I focus more on the Easter season’s food and festivities, such as coloring eggs, Easter egg hunts, making avocado deviled eggs (this one is actually good year round), and a new one this year- painting wooden eggs.
A FEW MORE EASTER BASKET IDEAS
- Wildling Shoes- amazing barefoot shoes
- Nontoxic paints from Natural Earth Paint
- Books- two of our favorites are Good Morning Yoga, and Good Night Yoga both written by Mariam Gates and illustrated by Sarah Jane Hinder
WHERE TO BUY
or for other soy free and additive free chocolate…
-use this link for 25% off
-Thrive Market usually has both Green and Black’s 85% organic chocolate bars and Theo bars
-Vitacost has both Green and Black’s 85% organic chocolate bars and Theo bars
-Made in Nature dried fruit
– If you need anything fast, Amazon Prime subscription gets you crazy fast 2-day shipping on plenty of items!